Vision & Values
Our School Vision and Pillars: created collectively by Students, Staff, Parents/Carers and Governors
Our school is such a special and unique place to learn. Together, we all aspire to fulfil our true potential, understand each other and follow our dreams. We aim to inspire and nurture, through high quality teaching, learning and experiences within and beyond the classroom.
As a school, we recognise that we are all learners who learn in different ways, as well as the challenges and barriers that can be faced, and are committed to providing everybody with the skills, qualities and knowledge required to overcome these. By building independence, resilience, an ability to try new things, a positive attitude and a commitment to excellence in all we do – we will all be ‘Ready to Fly’.
Our ethos is completely child-centred, putting our students at the heart of all the work we do, delivering a curriculum that puts pupils' needs first. Underpinning all of our work are 5 key values/pillars, which we use to help shape our curriculum, preparing every child to succeed in and contribute to the modern world. These values are:
• Rainbow (acceptance, diversity and links to William Wordsworth)
• Ready to Fly (our link to Sir George Cayley)
In addition to living and breathing these every day in school, we also focus on a different Pillar each half term, developing projects, events and experiences that allow the children to really understand them and develop their relationship with them.
What does it mean to be ‘Ready to Fly’ at Brompton and Sawdon Primary School?
(inspired by our amazing links to George Cayley)
• Demonstrating resilience
• Having confidence
• Displaying independence
• An ability to cooperate with and support others
• Developing a love of learning
• Showing pride in everything we do
• Contributing to the learning community
• Demonstrating an ability to embrace change and challenge
• Showing imagination and creativity
• An ability to question and investigate the world around us
• Making the maximum academic progress– with the knowledge, skills and vocabulary that can be transferred to any situation.
Further details can be found in the PDF below.
|Vision-and-Values-Survey-2020-21.pdf||March 03 2021, 19:15:43|
|Values and Pillars May 21.pdf||May 21 2021, 14:41:22|
|How our Pillars shape school life.docx.pdf||January 13 2022, 13:10:47|
|How our Pillars shape our behaviour.docx.pdf||January 13 2022, 13:10:47|
|How our Pillars shape our curriculum.docx.pdf||January 13 2022, 13:10:47|
|School vision.pdf||January 13 2022, 13:15:25|